Monday, August 29, 2011

Quid Pro Quo and Hookman

So I took the "Hunter's Journal" home over the weekend to grade Journal Entries, TOD's and EGO's (Episodic Graphic Organizers) on 102-106.

At first I was really dissapointed.  While they had done some work (and a lot more than I would usually see) there were lots of blank spaces and hurried answers.  Additionally, last week when they read "The Scarlet Ibis" only about 65-75% had marked up their copies.  Again, more than I have seen in the past, but...

So today we had what privately I call a "Come to Jesus Meeting" though at school we refer to it as a "Hallalujah Meeting" and I told the kids about Quid Pro Quo.  All of this was before they were allowed to watch (and do the work) on 107 Hookman so we didn't finish the episode (if things ar ecaught back up tomorrow I am pretty sure they will get to finish it before Bugs....  Provided they read The Birds....)

It was sort of funny.  They are working really well, and paying attention and it is working, but I also think they push and test, so I had to be clear, firm and steadfast on this...

We'll see what tomorrow looks like.

Also, as pre-aranged, the SRO (School Resource Officer) casually popped his head in and mentioned that he was a fan of the show, but for the record, impersonating law enforcement was not a good idea.  The kids ate it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment