Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dead in the Water and Phantom Traveler

Two episodes in two days and two more in the next three....  Whee! We are rocking along here.  We have also covered themes, characterization, archetypes, exposition, film terms, and tomorrow we cover symbols and tension (foreshadowing and suspense).  The kids are going with it.  I can't begin to tell you how exciting it is to watch.  The real test is on Thursday and Friday when we read our first story (can you imagine not opening a book in a Language Arts class until the end of the 12th day of class?  Two and a half weeks in?)  This is where we really find out if it is worth it.

Today I was floored while watching episode 104, several kids picked up on one of the more subtle details before the characters pointed it out themselves five minutes later.  I cheered, "That's active watching!"

Also, I am starting to hear from a couple other teachers about their experiences and so far they are positive too.  I hope some will post in the comment section.  I think we are really on to something here!

No comments:

Post a Comment