Friday, August 19, 2011

Moodle Madness!

Today we got the kids set up on Moodle.  If you are not familiar with this educational interactive technology look into it.

The journal function is amazing.  The kids all post responses to a question, the responses are laid out for me with a place for me to quickly make comments.  The dialog with the kids is wonderful.  Especially in comparison to the old method of checking notebooks!  I love this program.

The kids have now watched two episodes, learned about film terms, active watching, exposition and a little about allusions and themes.  They are also writing everyday and we have had several class discussions.  This is moving and the kids are intrigued.  One student (who is an encore 9th grader) told me they didn't think TV in class was the best idea, but they did enjoy it...  I've gotten consistent work from them though, so I wonder if that's true for them or not...  We'll see.

Watching them all typing away today on the opinion forums and journal assignments was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment