Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Changes

So this week I am working on "structural" changes to the TLS program.  First off I plan to change the graphic organizer.  It needs to incorporate more about Conflict and Monster of the Week (recording research data, essentially).  There also needs to be additional information about Quid Pro Quo (also called flipped teaching where the kids do more passive work at home so we can actually work and discuss in class) and reducing class anxiety.  This is the biggest surprise and now, IMO, best feature of the TLS approach.  My kids want to work, want to learn, want to be in class and are more active and less anxious about the process.  I have also spent some time talking to some friends in Special Education.  It is my hope to add more thoughts on SpEd modifications to the new addition.  It's a brand new year, TLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment