Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Assessment and Discussion

So, the kids had their first assessment last week.  I did it a little different.  There were three parts.  The first part was the night before.  The TOD.  The question was based on the episode 109: Home in regards to Dean's talk with his dad on the phone and did that play to our expectations and Dean's archetype.  Then on test day the students did a 25 question multiple choice test.  After that they got to watch the episode 110: Asylum, with out stopping except for prediction question and the graphic organizer was due at the end of the period as the third part of the test grade. 

I was nervous about what I would get without the stopping or the opportunity to go over the episode.  In terms of the TOD writing and the EGO, however, the kids were amazing.  The ideas, concepts and analysis were spot on and very advanced.  The multiple choice test was not as good, but I think some of the questions were as much my fault as theirs...  Lots to go through.

But I have lots of time.  We have the next two weeks off (through President's Day) for a Winter Break.  I will be attending the Georgia Thespians Conference this weekend with my drama students in Columbia, GA and then the following weekend I will be presenting at the Georgia Council of Teacher's of English Annual Conference at Callaway Gardens (Pine Mountain, GA).  Hopefully I can get changed made to update the book and I will have new editions to be available at the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment