Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You Tube

It's funny considering that I am a teacher specializing in using visual media to teach literature but I don't much care to be on film myself...  Between my tall stature (I'm just over 6'3 barefoot) and broad shoulders (my good Scottish and German ancestry is sort of apparent in my build) and general self consciousness film is not my favorite conveyance.  I'll give speeches in front of thousands...  I have even, a time or two (a long time ago, mind) but don't make me sit in front of a camera.

That said, a new friend of mine, a Mary Moline, interviewed me for her blog: ilovehatemycity.com.  The videos are also accessible on youtube.  Just type Teaching Literature Supernaturally in the search engine on the main site.

So, granted only from the waist up, you can see me discussing my experiences with TLS so far.  Feel free to check me out there. (I watch and pretend it's a greatly similar looking cousin talking who sounds just like me... )

We are on break this week, so that's about all I have to offer...

Oh, and I was officially invited this morning to present at the NCTE conference in Nashville this November.  I will be presenting a post conference workshop called Moodle:From Scratch about, (oddly enough) Moodles.  I will be using my TLS Moodle as the example for the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment