Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sometimes I am an Ogre... and I LIKE it!

The students are pretty ticked with me today.  It's kinda finny really, and I don't mind.  By hook or by crook I will get what I want, here, which is nothing but their best...

Yesterday we did Crossroad Blues.  It has a great segment on the end called, "Soon," that shows what is coming up for the next several episodes.  I pointed out that unless I get over 80% return on the poetry project, they wouldn't see a scene of it...  Then today I showed the Croatoan which ends before Dean reveals what his father told him before John died...  I repeated the threat.

They are really doing well on graphic organizers and quick assignments, but bigger projects (which they have lots of time and explanation for) not so much.  So that is my next big hurdle, getting them to do long term work. 

Anyway, all the booing was funny, because as I pointed out, they were my DVD's and I know what happens next...  No pay (work), No play (episodes.)

I'll let you know how it goes...   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment