Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Conference: Debrief....

So, I presented.  There were 130 people there to hear about TLS.  I had been praying for 30, one hundred more is pretty amazing. 

We came around the corner to the room, all these teachers are sitting on the floor and Jada (Genter) says to me, "You realize all these people are here, waiting to see you...?"

Then Jada SOLD three of my books, I only had five, before the program even started.  I hadn't planned to sell ANYTHING.  She also sold the five hard copies of the mini-unit and it was on the website where people could get it for free.  We burned CD's that night and sold five of those!

People listened to me.  I spoke for 25 minutes about intent and the basic program, Jada spent 8 minutes on "Supernatural" (she did a great job!) and then I finished up with methodology and Bells and Whistles...

Between the books, the mini-unit and the CD's I burned that night for people, I made $200, almost covers the first printing of the book back in February.... 

More important and more exciting, people get it.  People are excited!  People want to try. 

I am trying to figure out this cost thing.  Originally I figured I'd just give it to people, but I see now that I need to charge something...  Someone actually stole one of the copies of the book!...  I mean I guess enough people are interested and I need to keep track and tabs and all that other stuff, so I have to figure this out.  I think Amazon might have some good options and that hard copies are the best way to go to cut down on plagiarism.  Maybe I can have that up by September.

Standing up there in my suit talking was so exhilarating.  Ten years of work, paying off, and inside I am a screaming, giggling, teenage girl who can't believe people get it and care and want to try...

The website looks terrific and I am trying to figure out how to print more books and people are emailing me and asking for the materials and...

The experience has taught me that the world, the classroom is ready for TLS, maybe even a little hungry for it.  I think I am ready too!

No comments:

Post a Comment